Jan 20, 2012

Visit to Toronto

I haven't been to Toronto a long while, so I decided to visit this business Mecca of Canada and I must say that I'm pretty happy I'm living in Vancouver.

As a Vancouver real estate agent working in the Vancouver housing market my whole life, I find there is a lot to love about Vancouver and hate about Toronto. As a Toronto visitor, I think there is a lot to like about Toronto, but a even more to love about Vancouver (when you get home). If you're visiting Toronto, it's easy to be astounded by the sheer volume of concrete, steel and especially glass. The downtown is just overwhelming. Vancouver has a quite a lot glass and steel buildings, but Toronto is a far larger and higher city and has a condo boom going, so there's no point in comparing the two.

Sure, there are more opportunities for a real estate agent in Toronto as there are in Vancouver, but I think working in Vancouver real estate is the happier option. You work with a city by the ocean and close to great mountains. The value of real estate is greatly influenced by the natural surroundings, so Vancouver is clearly winning here over Toronto. This can also be seen on the high prices of homes in Downtown Vancouver. This area is very popular among wealthy Asian immigrants, so the price keeps going up. Let's hope it won't influence other sellers to make price hikes, as I would like to see a lot of happy home buyers this coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment